The App Store now allows publishers to offer subscriptions to their magazines, newspapers, and other content. Titles like The Daily, Elle, and Popular Science are already offering subscriptions, and more publishers are sure to follow soon.
Generally, subscription plans should prove a cost-effective option for users as opposed to buying individual issues of newspaper and magazine titles. A couple important points to note on how App Store subscriptions work are that they are set by default to auto-renew, and that you can choose to turn the auto-renew off. It’s easy if you know where to go. Hit the break for a quick rundown of how to manage your subscriptions on the iPad …
Here’s how to manage your newspaper and magazine subscriptions on the iPad:
– Go to the App Store
– Tap on the Featured section and scroll down to the very bottom of the page
– Tap on your account name at the bottom left and choose ‘View Account’ from the choices on the popover that appears. You’ll need to enter your account password at this stage.
– On the Account screen, scroll a little ways down to the Subscriptions section and tap on the ‘Manage App Subscriptions’ bar.
– On the next screen you’ll be able to:
- View your existing subscription plans
- Turn auto-renewal on or off on them
- Alter the length of the subscription plan (if applicable)
That’s it. I hope this helps, and hope you find some good titles to subscribe to.
Latest posts by Patrick Jordan (see all)
- Sponsor: If your iPad looks like this, please read on… - March 7, 2014
- What Happened to the Analytics Tiles iPad App? - March 6, 2014
- How To: Use Private Browsing on the iPad - March 5, 2014