The Newsstand section of the iPad App Store now has a good range of leading newspapers and magazines for the iPad, an these iPad editions offer subscription plans. Generally, just as with print publications, subscriptions offer savings as compared to buying individual issues.
When you sign-up for an iPad newspaper or magazine subscription it is set to auto-renew unless you manually change it. It’s easy to keep track of your subscriptions, modify them, or cancel them right on the iPad itself. Before iOS 6 there were a couple of ways to do this – now under iOS 6 there’s just one way. Here’s how you manage your subscriptions:
– Open the App Store app on your iPad and tap on the Featured button in the bottom nav bar
– Scroll down to the bottom of the Featured page – below the Quick Links section – and tap on the button that says ‘Apple ID’ and your username
– That will bring up a popup dialog – tap the top choice on there that say ‘View Apple ID’. Then sign in with your Apple ID password when prompted.
– Once you sign in, you’ll see the Account Settings popover. In the middle of the popover you’ll see a section called Subscriptions and a Manage button. Tap on that button.
– That will bring up the Subscriptions popover. This will show all your current subscriptions, by publication, and show their status. You can tap on any of the entries to see the subscription details and turn auto-renewal on or off.
That’s all there is to managing your Newsstand subscriptions on the iPad.
Latest posts by Patrick Jordan (see all)
- iPad App of the Week: Tynker, Teaching Children to Program the Fun Way - March 8, 2014
- Sponsor: If your iPad looks like this, please read on… - March 7, 2014
- What Happened to the Analytics Tiles iPad App? - March 6, 2014