Here’s a neat little feature of iOS 6 that hasn’t drawn a lot of attention: it is now much easier to attach a photo to an email on the iPad. Before iOS 6 to do this we had to go to the Photos app, which was more than a little counter intuitive.
Now you can attach a photo to an email from within the Mail app while composing a message – just as you’re accustomed to doing in a desktop mail application. Here’s how:
– Open the Mail app and tap to compose a new message
– Tap and hold anywhere in the body area of your email message. This will bring up the popover menu shown in the screenshot above, with a button for ‘Insert Photo or Video’. Tap that button.
– That will bring up a Photos dialog where you tap to choose the album you want to select a photo or video from – Camera Roll, Photo Stream etc. Tap the album you want, then tap on the image or video you want to attach.
– You can tap and hold again in another email body area to insert more images.
That’s it – it’s a more natural way to go about attaching photos to an email.
I haven’t yet seen a way to select multiple images at once when doing this. If anybody knows a trick for that please share.
Happy photo sending. :)
Latest posts by Patrick Jordan (see all)
- Notable New iPad Apps: WordPerfect X7 (Limited Free Trial) - April 15, 2014
- Ziner RSS Reader for iPad Updated – Lots of Nice Little Improvements - April 14, 2014
- iPad Art: Black Widow - April 13, 2014