Here’s another iPad Basics tip – again this is one that I see get asked an awful lot on support forums: How to change the email address / addresses for the Messages app.
And it’s easy to do of course. Here’s how:
– Open the iPad’s Settings app
– Scroll down the left sidebar a little way and tap on the ‘Messages’ section entry
– On the Messages window on the right tap on the ‘Send & Receive’ entry
– That will bring up the iMessage window on the right. This will show your Apple ID right at the top, followed by sections for ‘You can be reached by iMessage at’ and ‘Start new conversations from’.
The ‘You can be reached …’ entry controls which email addresses are used when others are sending you iMessages. I’ve removed my email addresses from the screenshot above – but you can see the spaces where email addresses are listed. You can tap the blue arrow on the right of any existing entry to remove it. Or use the ‘Add Another Email’ entry to add a new or preferred email account.
If you have more then one email account listed for where you can be reached, then the ‘Start new conversations from’ section lets you set which address is used when you are sending new iMessages.
Happy iMessaging on your iPad.
Latest posts by Patrick Jordan (see all)
- Sponsor: If your iPad looks like this, please read on… - March 7, 2014
- What Happened to the Analytics Tiles iPad App? - March 6, 2014
- How To: Use Private Browsing on the iPad - March 5, 2014