A hard reboot will very rarely be needed on the iPad but it is worth knowing how to do one for those occasions when it is called for. If your iPad becomes unresponsive – i.e. does not react to taps and gestures on the screen or to home button presses – then you need a hard reboot to snap it back to normal behavior.
Here’s how to perform a hard reboot:
– Hold down the Power and Home buttons at the same time for close to 10 seconds.
– Ignore the Slide to Power Off bar across the top of the screen when it appears and just keep holding the two buttons until you see the iPad screen go black and then see the Apple logo on the screen as it restarts.
That’s it. This sort of reboot should get you past any rare occasions where the iPad freezes up or becomes largely unresponsive.
Latest posts by Patrick Jordan (see all)
- Fandango Movies iPad App Updated: New Spotlight Carousel, New Icon, and More - April 17, 2014
- Sponsor: Grungy iPad Screen, Read On - April 17, 2014
- Age of Empires: World Domination Coming to iPad and iOS this Summer - April 16, 2014