Sharing a Photo Stream, which is a hand-picked collection of your photos in the iPad photo library, is on of the coolest features in iOS. With it you can quickly and easily put together a group of photos and instantly share them to family and friends.
This week I’ve learned a nifty new feature that lets you give the people you’ve shared your photo stream with the ability to add to the photo stream – thanks to an article by my friend Chris at everythingiCafe.
Here’s how you do this:
– Start with a shared photo stream if you already have one, or create a new one. To create a new one, go to the Photos app and tap on the Shared button in the bottom nav bar. Then tap on the ‘New Shared Stream’ button. Give your new stream a name and then choose t least one person to share it with and enter their email address where prompted.
– To allow those you shared with (who are called subscribers) to add to your photo stream, first open up the stream you want to work with.
– Next tap on the People button near the top right of the page for that photo stream. This will bring up the Edit Photo Stream popup dialog
– You’ll see that there is a button labeled ‘Subscribers Can Post’. Make sure this is set to On.
And that’s it. This will allow the people you’ve invited to share the photo stream to add photos and videos to the stream.
Photo Stream is already a great feature, and this handy little tip takes it to another level. It’s a great, simple way to share and create photo collections.
Latest posts by Patrick Jordan (see all)
- Notable New iPad Apps: WordPerfect X7 (Limited Free Trial) - April 15, 2014
- Ziner RSS Reader for iPad Updated – Lots of Nice Little Improvements - April 14, 2014
- iPad Art: Black Widow - April 13, 2014