As always, during their iPad Mini special event today Apple shared a lot of impressive numbers surrounding their iOS and Mac products. Among those were some crazy numbers for the iPad mentioned by Apple CEO Tim Cook, some I’ve seen before and some that are new today.
Here are the big iPad numbers that caught my eye during the Apple event:
– There are now some 275,000 apps designed specifically for the iPad.
– Two weeks ago Apple sold their 100 millionth iPad, after just two and a half years and in a brand new product category.
– 94% of the Fortune 500 are deploying or testing iPads.
– iPad accounts for a ridiculous 91% of tablet web browsing share.
– iBooks textbooks are now available for 80% of the US high school core curriculum and in over 2,500 schools in the US.
Cook finished off his talk on iPad numbers by saying “We’re just getting started” and “We’re not taking our foot off the gas”. Here’s to even crazier iPad numbers soon then. :)
Latest posts by Patrick Jordan (see all)
- What Happened to the Analytics Tiles iPad App? - March 6, 2014
- How To: Use Private Browsing on the iPad - March 5, 2014
- Lovely iPad Rumor of the Day: iOS 7.1 Out Any Day Now, to Support iTunes Festival App - March 5, 2014