Today is the second day of this year’s US Open Golf Championship at Merion Golf Club and there’s an official iPad app for it: 2013 US Open Golf Championship for iPad.
The app offers a number of good features for helping you follow along with the second major of the year. These inlcude:
– Live Video of ‘marquee’ groups. I tuned in just a short while ago and the Tiger Woods, Adam Scott, and Rory Mcilroy group was featured. The live video is available in the US only and over cellular data as well as WiFi.
– Leaderboard – with stats leaders and some excellent breakdown views for individual players when you tap on their names.
The Course and Hole Insights: Hole Insights shows, for example, how missing a fairway or landing in a bunker will impact a player’s score. The Course section also offers photos and video flyovers for each hole.
– Favorite players: Customize your leader boards with up to five favorite players and get alerts about their results.
– Groupings and Starting Times: Find out who your favorite player is paired with and when his round starts at Merion Golf Club.
– News & Photos sections: With short news items throughout each day and photo galleries of the days’ action.
– Notifications: For your favorites and significant events.
This app isn’t as elegantly designed as The Masters official iPad app, but it’s full of good content and information and looks like an excellent companion app if you’re watching the US Open on TV or a nice replacement if you’re away from a bigger screen.
Here’s an App Store link for 2013 US Open Golf Championship for iPad; it’s a free app.