Civil War: 1863 Gold is a brand new version of the original Civil War: 1863 iPad game, with all the campaigns and downloadable content from the original game with no In-App purchases.
This new app should make a lot of users and potential users of the game happy, as you get the whole game for a one-time payment of $9.99 – which offers a good savings over buying the original at $4.99 and then paying around $12 for all the additional campaigns.
This is one of the more simple, fun strategic war games for the iPad. I did a review of Civil War: 1863 for iPad a few years back and was very impressed with it – and I remain a big fan of the iPad war games put out by Hunted Cow Studios.
Here’s a little slice of the App Store description for Civil War: 1863 Gold, and some of its content and features:
Relive iconic battles of the American Civil War. Take command of both the Union and Confederate forces in this exciting turn-based strategy game from the developers behind the international top-selling Tank Battle: 1944 and Ancient Battle: Rome.
New features for version 2.0 include combat analysis, strategic movement, map zoom and combat improvements.
● 8 Mission ‘First Strike’ Campaign.
● 5 Mission ‘To Arms!’ Campaign.
● 6 Mission ‘Stalemate’ Campaign.
● 8 Mission ‘Hoorah!’ Campaign.
● 8 Mission ‘Rebel Yell’ Campaign
● 8 Mission ‘Victory Road’ Campaign
● 8 Mission ‘Last Stand’ Campaign.
● 8 Mission ‘Grand Command’ Campaign.
● 8 Mission ‘Leviathan’ Campaign.
● 8 Mission ‘Arsenal’ Campaign.
● Includes battles based on historic events.
● Play the missions as either Union or Confederate.
● 8 Unique Civil War Units:
– Infantry with Muskets.
– Infantry with Rifled Muskets.
– Naval Gunboats.
– Dismounted and Mounted Cavalry.
● Changeable unit formations and tactics.
● Generals can attach to units to increase morale.
● More capable Veteran units and unreliable raw units.
● 3 difficulty settings.
● Detailed Combat Analysis.
● Flank Attacks .
● Map Zoom .
● Strategic Movement.
● Game Center Achievements and Leaderboards.
● Universal App (Works on iPhone & iPad)!
● 5 Pass & Play two player scenarios.
● Hours of Gameplay!
And here’s an App Store link for Civil War: 1863 Gold.