As some of you may have already noticed, the iPad Insight mobile theme used on iPad just got a major refresh. The lovely folks at Onswipe rolled out the changes yesterday and I’m very happy to see this live.
Here’s a few of the notable improvements with this refresh:
– Faster page load times – because that’s just always a good thing.
– Support for more mobile devices. Right now it is optimized for iPad and iPhone running iOS 6 and higher and Android devices running Android 4.0 or higher.
– Full Archives. Before this refresh there were limits on the numbers of articles shown, and the time periods they were pulled from. This sometimes left you looking at just a goofy, half full page if you chose one of the site sections from the top navigation bar. Those limits are gone, and you’ll now see full archives in all our sections.
– More Featured Sections. We’ve added the iPad Art section to the top links.
– Bigger, Better Sharing. All the better to share our lovely content all over the place.
I hope you all like the new iPad Insight mobile experience.