Earlier this week, I had the pleasure of interviewing the filmmaker behind a crowdfunded documentary project covering the history of and enduring community still dedicated to the Apple Newton platform. Noah Leon’s project is called Love Notes to Newton, and it is currently being funded through a campaign on Indiegogo, which you can find here.
The Rundown is our recurring Facebook Live video segment that covers the site’s posts from the previous week, some Apple News, and some things that are coming soon on the site.
In this week’s Rundown, we look back at last week on the site:
- Apple Slices (WWDC Date, Apple buys Beddit, Apple on top of Wearables, and Apple breaks their own valuation record)
- UAG Plasma Case Review
- Tips and Tricks- Using Split-View in Safari on the iPad.
- New iPad Pro Rumors
Take a Look at Some Apple News from this Week:
- Apple invested $200 million in Corning and their Gorilla Glass.
- Apple acquired “dark data” analysis company Lattice for $200 million.
- The iPhone 8 is rumored to start at $999.
- The A11 processor for the next iPhones are rumored to have gone into production.
- Apple released a set of 16 photo guides to help you with your iPhoneography.
- Apple has recieved patents regarding using iMessage to correspond with Siri.
And look forward to what’s ahead the rest of this week and later:
- My interview with Noah Leon, who is working on a documentary film on the Apple Newton.
- More iPad and WWDC Rumors.
- Tips- Making sure you are backed up.
- AirPods Review.
Here’s one completely out of left field. However, believe it or not, there is actually a strong Apple connection. Smithsonian.com ran a piece last weekend on a very unique museum in Helsingborg, Sweden dedicated to memorializing notable failed products. The museum is the brainchild of Samuel West, a psychologist who according to the article, “specializes in studying creativity and work.”