1Password for iPad and iOS has been updated this week (to Version 4.5) – and it’s the biggest update ever for the already excellent password manager app.
The update starts strong by making a change that the developers say is by very, very popular demand – making search always accessible at the top of the categories tab and on each main category.
Here are just some of the other highlights of this latest update to 1Password for iPad:
1Password – The Reimagined Edition
- AirDrop – Share items more conveniently, face-to-face
- Our sharing menu is now a good iOS 7 citizen
- iPhone item details for viewing and editing items are now 75-90% more viewtiful and edible. Wait, editable. Yeah
- Nothing says “reimagined” like a brand new app icon
Multiple Vaults & Sharing
- If you create multiple vaults with 1Password 4 for Mac or Windows, you can now add them to 1Password for iOS and switch between them in Settings. Great for securely sharing items with team members or family, or simply for your own organization!
- Demo Mode is dead, long live the new Demo Vault – We moved our popular Demo Mode feature to Settings > Vaults. You can add demo information as a secondary vault to demonstrate 1Password without revealing all your personal information
- Multiple Dropbox accounts – Have more than one Dropbox account? Great! You can now sync vaults that are shared from different Dropbox accounts
1Browser is better than ever
Our built-in browser is faster and more powerful, making it easier to login, checkout, and fill forms with a single tap.
[click to continue reading…]
This week Microsoft has launched Office 365 Personal – a new flavor of Office 365 that makes it more affordable for iPad users and others who don’t need to install it on a large number of devices. It’s priced at $69 per year – about 30% off the standard $99 annual subscription.
Office 365 Personal subscription allows installation on one iPad or Windows tablet, and installation on one Mac or Windows PC. The $99 standard Office 365 allows for installs on up to 5 supported PCs and tablet devices.
The Office 365 Personal subscription provides the latest versions of Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, OneNote, Publisher, and Access; full editing features on the Office iPad apps, 7GB of OneDrive cloud storage, and automatic upgrades on the Office applications.
This is a very good move by Microsoft to release this new version of Office 365. This should lead to a lot more sales to iPad users, and to many users who don’t need to install these apps on more than a couple of devices.
You can see more details and buy Office 365 Personal via Microsoft or at Amazon for the same price.
NBA Game Time for iPad 2013-2014 was updated yesterday, to Version 5.3.
This update is specifically for the NBA Playoffs, which tip off today. Here are the changes in this update:
It’s that time of year again, NBA Game Time has been updated for the 2014 NBA Playoffs.
We’ve added a live playoff bracket showing status for each series and the most recent games.
For each series there is also a series hub, which includes:
• Series Status
• Series Videos
• Series Schedule
• Series Leaders
• Series Notification Toggle
Good stuff, especially for those times where a game you really want to see is not on TV or you just can’t be around a TV. As always, I’m looking forward to the playoffs – and this is a great app to help me keep up with them.
Here’s an App Store link for NBA Game Time 2013-2014; it’s a free app.
iOOTP Baseball 2014 is the latest, greatest version of the excellent baseball management game for the iPad and iOS. It hit the App Store yesterday and it’s got quite a nice set of new features for this year’s edition, including:
• Real Opening Day 2014 rosters. Every player on every major league team is available, along with the top 20 minor league prospects for each team. Major league player ratings are based on PECOTA by Baseball Prospectus, the best player projection system available today.
• Player Editor. Players can edit everything from names and biographical information to hitting, fielding, and pitching ratings.
• Improved AI, including a direct port of the new player evaluation AI from OOTP 15
• Retina display support
• iOS 7 support (iOS 4.3 is the minimum required)
[click to continue reading…]
The best movies app for the iPad just got another great update yesterday. Fandango Movies has a new icon, a very cool new Spotlight carousel feature, and a few more nice improvements.
Here’s the short but very sweet change list for Version 6.0 of Fandango Movies for iPad:
We’ve made your Fandango mobile experience even more exciting. Check out our latest updates:
• The Spotlight carousel now available for both iPhone and iPad!
• Our brand new look features visual enhancements to movie pages, theater lists, as well as a new rating system and easy-to-spot ticketing information icons
• Sign in to your Fandango account using Facebook or Google+ (iPhone only; iPad coming soon). Don’t have an account yet? Create one now for one-tap purchases and to save your favorite theaters.
Fandango has been an excellent iPad app as long as I can remember. It makes it quick and easy to find a great movie, check out when it’s showing in nearby theaters, choose seats and book tickets right within the app. This is a very nice update to this already stellar app.
Here’s an App Store link for Fandango Movies; it’s a free app and a universal app designed to run on both iPad and iPhone.