Battle of the Bulge, the superb historical wargame for iPad, is available in the iPad App Store now. If you follow this site at all you know I’m a huge fan of this game. I’ve been talking about it ever since I backed it as a Kickstarter project and was lucky enough to be included in the beta testing team for it.
I’ve been playing it for weeks leading up to the release, so when I say it’s a superb game that’s based on experience. I’ve been a fan of strategic wargames since I was a kid playing them as board games, and this is exactly the sort of iPad game I’ve been wishing for. Here’s a slice of its App Store intro:
Battle of the Bulge is a historical wargame, designed specifically for iPad. Award-winning designers, developers, and artists created this turn-based simulation in the spirit of traditional board wargames. Pieces represent actual military units fighting on the terrain of the famous WWII battle.
• Play three ways: online through Game Center; vs a computer opponent; or Pass & Play
• Fast turns, deep strategy
• Two scenarios: a quick, tense, fight in the opening days; and a campaign covering the entire battle
• Tutorial, quick start guide, and online strategy forums help players learn to play and to explore the game’s subtleties
• Extensive historical photos, film, and commentary
• Retina support
• First of a series of WWII titles by legendary designers: El Alamein, covering the decisive battle in North Africa, is in development for release in 2013.
It’s great to see the game is racking up 5-star ratings in the App Store already – they’re well deserved. I’ll be doing a review of the game soon too.
Here’s an App Store link for Battle of the Bulge for iPad; it’s priced at $9.99. Go Get It.