Would you be interested in an iPad with 128GB of storage? It looks like we may soon be seeing one if 9to5Mac and their un-named sources are correct. They say Apple is preparing to release a single additional iPad model, as an additional model in the iPad 4th gen lineup.
Here’s their sum-up on what’s know about this new model:
- It is a fourth-generation iPad, not a new design.
- It comes in both the current black and white color options.
- It comes in both WiFi-only and WiFi + Cellular versions.
- It is a more premium SKU that will join the current line of 16GB, 32GB, and 64GB fourth-generation iPads.
- 10-pack deals (in both colors) for educational institutions will be offered.
In an update on their original post, 9to5Mac have said prices will be $799 for a WiFi only model and $929 for WiFi + Cellular. There is also some speculation that this new model might be for specific markets – like education or government for example.
If Apple does release a 128GB iPad 4 over the next few months, would you be rushing to grab one? I think if there is no other upgrade to the iPad then I would still stick with my iPad 3 – and await a hopefully lighter, slimmer, more iPad mini like model later in the year.