LogMeIn Ignition is on sale at 50% off – down from $29.99 to $14.99. It’s a Back to School sale price for a limited time – and it’s a heck of a deal on a superb remote access app for the iPad.
LogMeIn has been a trusted name in remote access for home and business users for years, and their iPad / iOS universal app is one of the very best I’ve seen for remote access. Here are some of its notable features:
• Intuitive and flexible control modes
• Multi-monitor support
• Supports use of special key combinations
• Start a sleeping computer with Wake-On-LAN
• Browse all your files and folders on remote computers
• Create a local folder and filing system on iPad or iPhone
• Transfer files and folders between remote computers with your iPad or iPhone
• Save PC and Mac files directly on an iPad or iPhone for offline viewing
• Directly access and transfer photos from/to your iPad or iPhone photo library
• Update locally saved files with changes made on remote computers
• Edit files using other apps (requires file editing apps)
• Print to AirPrint-compatible printers
Its big, unique feature is that it allows you to copy files and folders between your iPad and a remote PC. I’ve used this and it works like a charm.
Here’s an App Store link for LogMeIn Ignition. If you haven’t tried it yet, this is a great price to grab it at.
LogMeIn Ignition is one of the very best remote access apps for iPad and iOS. It’s got a great, simple interface, requires very little setup, and works like a charm.
This week it’s had an update that adds a very slick new feature – the ability to copy photos and videos to/from the iPad (or iPhone) photo library. So if I rushed out of the house for a meeting and forgot to get a few crucial photos onto the iPad before leaving, I can fire up LogMeIn Ignition on the iPad 2, connect to my MacBook Pro, and choose to copy those missing photos straight into the iPad’s Camera Roll.
I can just as easily to copy photos and videos from the iPad over to the MacBook Pro via LogMeIn Ignition.
This is a superb feature and as far as I’m aware it is still unique to this app.
Here are some other features added in the latest update to LogMeIn Ignition (Version 2.1.299):
- Attach any file (including multimedia) to emails from Ignition
- Save email attachments to File Manager
- Control timeout settings while multitasking for Ignition
Here’s an App Store link for LogMeIn Ignition; it’s priced at $29.99 and is a universal app designed for both the iPad and the iPhone.
LogMeIn Ignition is one of the best apps around for remote access and remote control of PCs from your iPad or iOS device. It works in tandem with the long-established free LogMeIn desktop software.
It just got a whole lot better though, after it’s latest update (to Version 2.0.264). This update added a File Manager mode to the app, along with an awesome new capability:
the ability to copy and move files from remote computers to the iPad (or iPhone or iPod Touch).
As far as I know this is a unique feature – I have certainly not seen any other remote access app that lets you copy files from a remote PC to your iPad. I’ve tried it out over the last week or so, and it works superbly well.
[click to continue reading…]
The iPad versions of two blue-chip remote access apps have hit the iPad App Store today. Citrix Receiver for iPad and LogMeIn Ignition’s universal binary edition (with versions for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad) are both available in the App Store now.
Citrix Receiver will likely be a popular choice with corporate staff whose companies have the required server-side software from Citrix, while LogMeIn Ignition can be used by home users as well.
[click to continue reading…]