PhatPad for iPad – the versatile and powerful note-taking app – has had a recent update, to Version 1.1. Here’s the list of notable changes in this new version:
1. Voice notes: record, play, use in presentation mode.
2. New advanced presentation mode supports VGA monitor and allows to create unattended presentations by synchronizing document pages and voice.
3. New “erase” gesture allows quick deletion of ink, text, and images.
4. Improved digital ink flow and recognition of geometrical shapes.
5. Cut, copy, and paste commands now supported by text labels and images.
6. Increased (doubled) maximum width of the digital ink, useful to highlight or markup documents.
7. Allows changing of the Z-order of overlapping images and text labels.
And here’s the elevator pitch for PhatPad, via its App Store page:
PhatPad offers everything you need to express your ideas, enabling you to draw pictures, jot notes, or put a mixture of drawings, images, handwritten and typed text on a virtual scratch pad. The included handwriting recognition engine automatically converts your handwritten notes into digital text, and PhatPad even takes objects you scribble and translates them to perfectly formed shapes.
You can find this latest version of PhatPad in the App Store now, priced at $3.99.