As some of you will recall, I’ve done a review of a Portenzo Composition Case for iPad 2 in the past, and was very impressed with it. So when I saw that Portenzo had a nice new lineup of cases for the iPad mini, I put my hand up right away to try out some review units.
The first one I received is the Alano for iPad mini. I’ve had it for several weeks now and have had a chance to use it a lot around my home / office and while out and about.
The Alano for iPad mini comes is made with a single piece of thick and very durable leather that should last a decade or more, at least according to the Portenzo promo video. Each case is handmade, hand distressed and hand softened by Portenzo in St. Louis, Missouri. Here are some of its notable features:
- Fits all models of iPad Mini
- Automatic Sleep/Wake feature – Just like the Apple Smart Cover!
- Hand sanded American Maple frames with Smooth radius corners for a truly unique look.
- Double-Glued elastic band won’t ever come undone!
- The elastic band covers the camera when the cover is closed.
- Optional Soft Seal Camera Access Port on the rear cover.
- Optional IntelliStand adds the versatility of more viewing angles to your case.
This case comes in 7 styles including Midnight Black, Indiana Journal, and the Old Book style that I chose for my review unit; as well as a selection of 7 colors for the case’s elastic strap.
The base price for the Alano for iPad mini is $99.95. You can choose to add-on a camera opening for around $5, a stylus compartment for around $10, and the Intellistand feature (which offers more viewing angles) for around $20.