Zendesk is a leading cloud based software solution for customer service, used by over 25,000 companies. They’ve recently updated the Zendesk iPad and iOS apps and they were kind enough to give me a demo of the iPad app a couple weeks ago.
I came away from the demo hugely impressed with the Zendesk iPad app, both as someone who reviews a lot of iPad apps and as someone who spent years working in technical support and network management.
Th first thing that struck me about the app is how great a job the developers have done in keeping the UI clean and elegant while packing in a slew of useful features that are all accessible with just a few taps.
Here are some of the more notable features of the app:
- Access to all support ticket views
- View all support ticket events and notifications
- Real-time list of activity on tickets
- Search support tickets and knowledge base articles
- View and update comments, CCs, tags, and ticket fields
- Push notifications on ticket updates
- Apply per-defined responses, or macros, to tickets containing frequently asked questions
- Bookmark tickets for future reference
- Upload and view attachments on tickets
- Agent Dashboard with critical ticket views