Marware have got a lineup of cases for the new iPad available to order now, including their popular C.E.O. Hybrid case. I did a review of the C.E.O. Hybrid for the iPad 2 last year, and it’s a very good, versatile iPad case.
Here are the brief descriptions for the new lineup of Marware cases for the 2012 iPad:
— The C.E.O Hybrid: A low-profile case for the new iPad with an automatic sleep/wake lid, adjustable stand and hand strap.
— MicroShell Case for the new iPad: A sleek, ultra-thin polycarbonate shell case for the new iPad that is compatible with the Apple Smart Cover.
— EcoVue Case for the new iPad: An eco-leather case for the new iPad that stands in two angles and features a sleep/wake lid.
— MicroShell Folio Case for the new iPad: An ultra-thin case for the new iPad featuring a hard back shell fused to an automatic sleep/wake lid that stands.
I still like the look of the C.E.O. Hybrid best out of this lineup. The iPad 2 version worked well as both a case and stand, and looked smart and professional. It was a tad heavy but quite a good case overall.
Here’s the feature list for the C.E.O. Hybrid for the new iPad:
• Automatic sleep/wake lid
• Stands iPad at 120°, 140° and 165° angles – ideal for typing, viewing and FaceTime
• Innovative interior hand strap improves grip of device
• Convenient elastic strap secures the case open or closed
• iPad camera hole on back of case
• Lighter and thinner than most folio covers (3.1mm thin back, 6.5mm thin front)
• Allows access to all controls and ports for charging and syncing while still in the case
• Covers 97% of the iPad when closed
• Hard interior plastic spine provides extra protection
• Sleek, impact resistant structure covered with soft, scratch-resistant fabric
• Reinforced snap-in corners for added protection and security
• Soft, genuine microsuede interior to help prevent scratching
• Protects speaker without sound interference
I ordered one this morning. The case normally goes for $49.99 but I got a discount due to having subscribed to the Marware newsletter a few weeks back – so I paid around $38 with free shipping included.
Unfortunately I don’t know yet exactly when it will ship. It is listed as backordered and due to ship ‘in April’. Today is the start of April, so here’s hoping it ships in early April.
If you want to see more details on Marware’s cases for the new iPad, or place an order, check out their page for them here: http://www.marware.com/cases-for-the-new-ipad