Apple announces the Apple Watch Series 4, which not only upgrades the screen size and resolution, but the Health monitoring features, as well. They call it “An intelligent guardian for your health” Here are some of the highlights:
- Little change to the case size. The screen is bigger.
- Existing bands still work with the Series 4.
- Haptic Feedback on the Digital Crown.
- Better speaker for improved calls and Siri response.
- Mic on the opposite side to improve call quality.
- New Black Ceramic and Sapphire back.
- Radio waves can go though the front and back now, allowing for better Cellular reception.
- 4th Gen S4 System on a Chip. Upgraded to 64 Bit for better performance.
- Automatically detects falls and calls emergency services if you are immobile for too long after.
- New Heart Features
- Heart rate too low alerts.
- Atrial Fibrillation detection.
- New electrodes built into the back allows for Electrocardiograms, or ECGs.
- The app will classify your rhythm. All data stored in the Health app.
- This has FDA approval. Impressive. First off its kind over the counter.
The new Series 4 will be available for preorder Friday, and will be available the following Friday.
The new Apple Watch Series 4 GPS starts at $399.
The new Apple Watch Series 4 with Cellular starts at $499. Ouch. Thanks, Donald Trump.
The Apple Watch Series 3 gets a price reduction to $279.