Who doesn’t like great iPad apps? At iPad Insight we definitely do. With that in mind, we offer up a quick review of an excellent iPad app, or a few great iPad apps, here each week.
Our weekly picks for Best iPad App of the Week are published here every Saturday. Check out all out picks below and you’ll soon have a collection of stellar apps for your favorite tablet.
This week’s pick is Adobe Slate, which promises to ‘Turn your next newsletter, report, invitation or travel adventure into a gorgeous story that delights readers on any device.’.
And the app does a good job of living up to that promise. It makes it super easy to create a slate with a simple interface that’s completely intuitive. There’s zero learning curve and you can dive in and start making a magazine-style slate right away.
If you need inspiration you can browse through the featured slates that are included in the app. These show off some superb photography and the ability of the app to make the words and photos flow.
The app looks and works great in both portrait and landscape mode.
Here are some of Adobe Slate’s key features, via its App Store page:
BRING YOUR WORDS & IMAGES TOGETHER IN FUN WAYS
• Fun, fast and super simple.
• Just talk or type to add text.
• Use photos from your own device, your Lightroom library or Creative Cloud files.
• Pick a layout you love and Slate will make it look great.
CAPTURE ATTENTION WITH GORGEOUS DESIGN. INSTANTLY.
• Just tap on a variety of magazine-style themes for a custom, polished look.
• Find a style to fit your story – one tap automatically changes fonts, colors and motion.
SHARE THE LINK EVERYWHERE. IMPRESS READERS.
• Your Slate story looks beautiful on any device – phones, tablets and desktops.
• Inspire readers to action with buttons that link to: donate now, volunteer or learn more!
• Share your Slate story link on Twitter, Facebook, email, text message or embed it on your website.
Of course it also helps if you have a collection of handsome Labrador photos as a starting point for a new slate.
Here’s an App Store link for Adobe Slate; it’s a free app with an option to get Creative Cloud storage space via In-App purchase.
If you’re interested in more great iPad apps, check out all our picks in our Best iPad Apps section!