I began scouting for an iPad case even before I got mine on launch day in Austria on 23 July 2010. But it proved hard beforehand to decide on how and where I would actually use the iPad and its accompanying case: Would a sleeve suffice? Would I need to protect it if it falls? Would I need a dock or stand with charger? Decisions, decisions.
On launch day I bought a nice grey sleeve by Freiwild (made of felt) to keep my iPad safe till I made up my mind. Since many resellers in Austria currently have only a few basic cases and sleeves to choose from, I visited Podcenter in Vienna, known for their wide range of accessories for Apple products. I left the store a very happy camper – with a Switcheasy Trig case in Fuschia. Here’s why…
- The colour – I chose Fuchsia – pretty, unique and badass
- The fit and craftsmanship – nicely snug, sturdy and well-made
- The materials – the inside is soft, the outside is shiny and leathery
- The multiple functions – the case doubles as a stand for both portrait or landscape modes, which is really practical for viewing.
- The extras – buying the case means you also get a protective screen film complete with applicator and microfiber cloth. The film itself was very easy to apply and its quality meant that any bubbles that lingered were unceremoniously teased away. Almost perfect.
As you can tell, I’m really happy with the case – which is quite eye catching while I walk down the street. But it not only looks good, but it protects and serves the iPad very well. Forty Euros well spent.
Visit Switcheasy’s page on the Trig Case here: http://www.switcheasy.com/products/TRIG/TRIG.php
The Switcheasy Trig Case was independently purchased by the post author. For further information regarding our site’s review policies, please see the “About” page.