This week I was given a code for a new app in the Dr Seuss series for iOS, Dr. Seuss Band.
My daughter has The Cat in the Hat as her favourite film right now. She will watch it a couple of times in a row and laugh often. This means that when I get the opportunity to review the Dr Seuss apps these days I jump at it.
Most of them are book based apps which are ok but of limited interest to the little one. But this week I got a new type of app that is a musical app. It works a bit like Guitar Hero, where you press buttons in time to coloured bars moving down the screen.
Here are some of its notable features:
• 2 Ways to Play – Go for high scores in the Music Game or use Free Play to compose your own tunes.
• 10 Original Songs – Play along with the soundtrack from The Cat in the Hat, Green Eggs and Ham, Dr. Seuss’s ABCs, Hop on Pop and more!
• 5 Unique Horn Instruments – Play Seussian versions of the Trumpet, French Horn, Clarinet, Trombone and Flute.
• 10 Crazy Horn Effects – Customize the sound of your horn by adding fun effects like a Fish Bowl, Train Whistle, Reverb and more!
• Mix and Match Horns – Swap parts of the horn while playing to create over 120 Horn Combinations!
• 3 Difficulty Levels – Choose Easy for beginners, Medium for experienced players and Hard for experts.
• 26 Unlockables – Achieve high scores to unlock Songs, Horns and Effects.
• Gamecenter Leaderboards – Compare your high scores with the competition.
At 3 years old I thought it might be a little old for her. It certainly is challenging but she doesn’t do too badly!
We both love this app. It is simple yet fun and I actually think it will keep her interest for a long time. I would recommend it for sure.
Here’s an App Store link for Dr. Seuss Band; it’s priced at £0.69 / $0.99:
The post author received a promo code for the Dr. Seuss band app for review. For further information regarding our site’s review policies, please see the "About" page.