Invite your friends to a tea party around your iPad! Set the table, choose your favorite cookies and cakes, serve the tea and you’re good to go! Simply eat and drink with your finger! With Toca Tea Party, you can play together with your kids in a way that stimulates their imagination.
OK, this is not going to go down as my manliest of manly man posts – but Toca Tea Party looks superb to me. Not because I have a huge desire to play with it, but because I know my daughter likes the look of it. And I know that a few years ago she would’ve absolutely adored the idea of this app. (she’s 8 now, so getting very, very grown up these days)
Here’s a little more about Toca Tea Party, via its App Store page:
– Nine types of cakes and cookies to choose from!
– New colors for the tableware every time!
– Fun sounds when your guests eat!
– Clean up after cheeky guests that spill!
– Finish by putting everything in the dishes!
– Beautiful hand-drawn graphics!
– Kid-friendly interface!
– NO ADVERTISING
– NO IN-APP PURCHASES
HOW TO PLAY
– Choose a table cloth, plates and cups by dragging with your finger
– Pick out your three favorite cakes and cookies
– Get some toys or dolls and set them up around the iPad
– Eat and drink with your finger until there’s only crumbs left
– Put everything in the dishes and play all over again
This strikes me as one of the best examples I’ve seen of a kids app that really makes the most of the iPad’s form factor and the ‘intimate’ feel of the device.
What really sold me on it almost instantly is the way the trailer video shows off how stuffed animal friends can be included in the tea party. My daughter is a HUGE fan of stuffed animals. You could fill a zoo with her collection of stuffed animal friends. And having them as tea party guests has been a favorite pastime of hers for years now.
This really looks like a charming app that younger kids should get some great mileage out of. OK, now I’m off to look for apps about football and rugged, manly stuff.
Here’s an App Store link for Toca Tea Party; it’s priced at $2.99.