Amazon Cloud Player now has an iPad app, which just hit the iPad App Store today. This is a very nice alternative to the built-in Music app – especially for anyone who does not enjoy dealing with iTunes. Once you sign in with your Amazon account the app lets you play any music you’ve bought via Amazon and any music you’ve imported from iTunes or other sources.
Of course you can’t purchase new music directly within the app, due to App Store rules, but you can do so in the Safari app.
Here are more details on Amazon Cloud Player via its App Store page:
Your music. Everywhere. Listen to your music collection from the cloud on your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad anywhere you are. You can download or stream your library from the cloud – or play the music you already have on your device.
To listen to your music in Cloud Player:
• Start with music you’ve bought from Amazon in the past – when you first sign in, eligible MP3s will be added to your Cloud Player library for free. So will MP3 versions of any AutoRip CDs you bought from Amazon since 1998.
• Buy any AutoRip CD on Amazon and get the MP3 version for free, immediately added to your Cloud Player library.
• Visit Amazon Cloud Player on your PC or Mac and import your music collection from iTunes or your other folders. Once imported from your computer, music will instantly be available on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad.
• Simply play music from your iTunes collection that is already on your device – even music downloaded from iCloud can be played with Cloud Player.
With Cloud Player, you can:
• Stream your music from the cloud.
• Download locally to enjoy your music offline – no Wi-Fi or mobile network needed.
• Create and edit playlists.
• Control your music from your lockscreen.
• Use Bluetooth to stream your music in your house or car.
I’ve uploaded a lot of my iTunes music to Amazon over the last few years, so I’ve got a good amount to enjoy via the new app today. I’ve only had it installed for a short while, but so far I like the app. The dark theme is nicely done and it’s easy to get around the app – and it’s always nice to have good choices when it comes to listening to music on the iPad.
Here’s an App Store link for Amazon Cloud Player; it’s a free app and now a universal app designed for both iPad and iPhone.