AutoCAD WS is a new universal app for the iPad, iPhone, and Touch that allows you to view and work with AutoCAD drawings on iOS devices.
AutoCAD is not something I’ve ever been skilled enough to use, but I know it’s a hugely well-respected app on the desktop and it’s very good to see it hitting the App Store. I bet those who know there way round the app can do some seriously cool things with it on an iPad.
Here’s more detail on AutoCAD WS, via its App Store page:
View, edit, and share your DWG™ files from anywhere, with anyone.
AutoCAD® WS mobile app enables you to view and work with AutoCAD drawings directly on your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. Using the touch and gesture interface of your iPad or iPhone you can accurately view, annotate, and revise drawings on the spot. Change the way you work in the field or on the road by reducing the need to carry around over-sized paper drawings.
• Open DWG drawings uploaded to your free* AutoCAD WS online workspace
• See all aspects of your DWG file, including external references, layers, and image underlays
• Use Multi-Touch zoom and pan to more easily navigate very large drawings
• Tap objects to select, then move, rotate, and scale
• Draw or edit shapes with accuracy using Snap and Ortho modes
• Add and edit text annotations directly on your device; no need for paper mark-ups
• Validate distance measurements in the drawing while you are onsite at the actual location
• Save your edits to your AutoCAD WS online workspace, so your drawings stay up to date
• Share designs with others directly from your device
• Work with other people on the same DWG file simultaneously
• View edits to drawings in real time: AutoCAD WS immediately captures changes made by you and others in your online workspace.
You can find AutoCAD WS in the App Store now, and it is a free, universal app.