Evernote, the hugely powerful and versatile note-taking app for iPad and iOS, has had big update today – to Version 5.0.
The app’s interface has been completely revamped and now offers quick access to all these features on its main screen:
- New notes via snazzy new icons
- Recently opened notes list
- Premium features
- Places and Tags sections
- All Notes
The app now lets you create new notes with fewer taps and shows notes in a new card style that gives a little thumbnail glimpse at note content.
Here’s a look at the new Notebooks section:
And here’s the full change list for this new version:
• New home screen features quick access to notes, notebooks, tags, places, and Premium features
• Create new notes with fewer taps using home screen quick note buttons
• Note list redesigned with new card style to showcase note content
• Added ability to quickly create new notebooks from the Notebooks list
• Places displays notes on a zoomable map
• Evernote Premium view lets you access Premium features and account status
• New unified shared notebook list shows your notebooks and ones shared with you
New iPad features:
• Added notebook stack support in Notebooks view
• List of recently viewed, edited and created notes appear on the home screen for easy multi-tasking
I don’t think Evernote will be nominated for any design awards, but I do think these interface changes looks promising if not gorgeous to look at. I’ve only just installed the update, but I’m hopeful that these changes will make the app easier to work with on the iPad.
What do you all think of this big 5.0 update for Evernote on the iPad?
Here’s an App Store link for Evernote; it’s a free app.