Apple’s iBooks app for the iPad (and iPhone and iPod Touch) has been updated, to Version 1.1.1. The list of changes in the new version is as follows:
- Double-tap an image within a book to view it in greater detail.
- Experience books that include audio and video.
- Enjoy substantial performance improvements when reading PDFs.
- Look-up definitions to English words inside books without a specified language.
- Addresses an issue that may have caused some book downloads to not complete.
- Includes many stability and performance improvements.
I honestly haven’t been using the app enough of late to really notice these enhancements (have been reading mostly standalone titles). If you’re a big iBooks user, let us know in the comments what you think of this latest update.