Instapaper, the superb offline reading app for iPad and iOS, has been updated recently – to Version 4.0.2.
One of the most notable additions in this update is new subscription options – you can now purchase subscriptions in 3,6, or 12 month intervals. Becoming a subscriber not only supports the development of this excellent app, but also brings the following benefits:
- Search all articles in your account.
- Ability to use third-party Instapaper API apps.
- Higher Kindle article limits and a “Send to Kindle” bookmarklet to send any page immediately.
- Higher RSS-feed limits and faster feed updates.
- An option to hide Instapaper’s ads.
For me, just the search capability is well worth the small cost of a subscription ( a dollar per month) – so it’s nice to see more subscription length options.
The remainder of the change list for Instapaper Version 4.0.2 is as follows:
– Faster updates and startup
– Images now work with VPNs and proxies
– New Subscription page in Settings shows remaining duration and renewal options
– Added Summly and Due to Share panel, and added Definition to dictionary popups, when their respective apps are installed
– Added support for the "Speak Selection" accessibility feature in iOS 5
– Fixed miscellaneous interface shortcomings
I should note that I don’t actually see subscription information mentioned above in Settings.
Here’s an App Store link for Instapaper; it’s priced at $4.99.