The MLB At Bat app for iPad and iPhone has been updated today, and looks all set to go for Major League Baseball’s Opening Day this weekend. The new version of the app released today is Version 6.1.0.
Here’s a rundown of what’s new in this latest version:
• Multi-platform live audio access for At Bat 13 subscribers (portable to Mac/PC with a valid MLB.com account)
• Universal support for At Bat 13 subscribers, accessible on iPhone, iPad and other supported smartphones and tablets
• New video section featuring more highlights and search (iPad)
• Sortable batting, pitching and fielding statistics (iPad)
• Re-designed individual team pages (iPhone)
• Updated news section interface (iPhone)
• Classic games library featuring more than 60 historic games dating back to 1952 (iPhone and iPad)
• Re-architected navigations (iPhone and iPad)
• Additional push notification options (iPhone & iPad)
• Closed captioning availability for live video (iPhone and iPad)
The MLB At Bat app was the first flagship iOS app from a major US sports league, and it remains a stellar and popular app among baseball fans. It’s still the leader in its category and it’s very cool to see it getting its customary substantial update as a new season begins.
Opening Day and the new baseball season are part of what makes Spring such a great time of year, and the MLB At Bat app will definitely be getting some heavy use on my iPads this season.
Here’s an App Store link for MLB At Bat; it’s a free app.