Snapseed, chosen as Apple’s iPad App of the Year for 2011, is available for free today – down from its standard $4.99 price. It’s free for just today s a 24 hour special to celebrate Valentine’s Day.
This is a powerful photo editing and effects app with a very strong set of features. Here are just a few notable ones:
== Basic Adjustments ==
• Auto Correct – Automatically analyzes your photo and adjusts color and exposure to perfection.
• Selective Adjust – Make precise selections and enhancements to specific areas of your photos in seconds with Nik Software’s revolutionary U Point technology.
• Tune Image – Use Ambience to create depth and vibrancy that uniquely adapts to colors and textures. Adjust White Balance, Saturation, Contrast, more.
• Straighten & Rotate – Rotate 90° and/or straighten photos with simple gesture controls.
• Crop – Easily crop images to remove distracting parts of your photo, now with standard aspect ratios.
• Take Photos – Open photos from the Camera Roll or take new photos.
== Creative Enhancements ==
• Black & White – Get that classic Black and White look with this darkroom-inspired filter.
• Vintage Films – Make any photo look like a vintage color film photo from the 50’s, 60’s or 70’s.
• Drama – Add style with a custom effect specifically tailored to your photos, ranging from subtle textures to wildly artistic effects.
• Grunge – Give your photos a totally unique, hip, and dingy look.
• Tilt-Shift – Create a narrow in-focus area designed to simulate depth of field, common in a Miniature Scene look.
• Details – Enhance details with traditional sharpening or the unique Structure control found in the Nik Software professional products.
If you’re in need of a photo editing / effects app for your iPad (or iPhone) today’s a great day to pick up this acclaimed app.
Here’s an App Store link for Snapseed; it’s a universal app designed to run on both iPad and iPhone.