FX Photo Studio HD has rapidly become one of my favorite apps on the iPad. It’s a powerful photo effects app that is both feature-rich and very simple to use. It currently features 128 effects that can be applied to your photos (and more that can be bought via in-app purchase).
The app is going to get a major update next month, and I’ve been lucky enough to get a sneak peek at the final new version. I’ve been running it for a few days and it looks great. Here’s the list of what’s coming in the February update:
· More effects – about 40 (new effects appear first in the list)
· More sharing options
· Documents folder for image sharing, which is visible in iTunes
· Adjustments for every single effect
· Possibility to share presets via preset codes
· From the technical point of view, we improved time, required for generating preview and image processing
· From now on you can apply as many effects to one image as you like – you can make it 181 and more, if you like
This upcoming update is definitely going to be one that makes an already stellar even stellar-er, so to speak. Its going to make all of your giant, goofy Labradors even cooler looking with all the new effects. I’m also really enjoying the extended saving and sharing options.
I’ll share more thoughts in a review of the new version closer to its expected release date – around February 14th.
You can find FX Photo Studio HD in the App Store now, priced at $1.99.