Issue 8 of the lovely Swipe Magazine for iPad is out this week and available at the rather attractive price of zero dollars and zero cents. And it’s full of its usual great mix of top game reviews, app recommendations, videos, and lots of fun interactive elements.
This issue highlights the new XCOM: Enemy Unknown game – with a full review as well as 20 key tips for mastering it. Here’s some of the other big features in Swipe Magazine Issue 8:
• Reviews of the recent must-check games, including SW: Knights of the Old Republic, Kingdom Rush: Frontiers, Sid Meier’s Ace Patrol, Gemini Rue, Frozen Synapse, and many more
• Kings of E3: We round up the games from the world’s largest videogame show that should be on your radar
• We catch up with Codemasters for a flat-out interview about the publisher’s reimagining of its classic Colin McRae Rally and powering it onto iOS
• Turn-based tactics special: we celebrate XCOM: Enemy Unknown’s arrival by hunting down other must-have titles
• Smash Trek: back by popular demand, another chance to boldly go where no free game has gone before!
• iPad Basics: because iPad ownership is only easy if you know how…
• Over 80 games and apps featured, including must-own recommendations
The iPad Basics feature is ‘powered by iPad Insight’ – and this month’s article is on the 3 fastest ways to get photos from the iPad to a Mac or Windows PC.
I’m proud to be a regular contributor to Swipe Magazine. There’s certainly no other iPad magazine like it. It’s free and chock full of great iPad app and game focused content each month.
Here’s an App Store link for Swipe Magazine.