The official Twitter app for the iPad and iPhone has had an update today, to Version 3.3.
Here’ what’s new in this update:
– Quick Bar, shows trends and other important things without leaving your timeline! Swipe the Quick Bar left/right to cycle through trends
– Trends based on your location
– Cleaner, redesigned Tweet compose screen.
– Automatically shortens URLs. Just paste them in and they will only count as 20 characters, no matter how long they are!
– Autocomplete @usernames and hashtags
– Easier photo uploading
– Find friends using your phone’s contacts
– Improved DM conversation view, now works similar to SMS/Chat
– Cleaned up preferences
– Bug fixes
I haven’t spent long enough with the updated app to have any big thoughts on it yet. If you have, please share them in the comments.
Here’s an App Store link for Twitter, it’s a free app.