Twitter – the official Twitter app for iPad and iPhone – has been updated, to Version 3.2.1. The biggest addition is push notifications for @mentions and messages. It’s really about time this feature hit the official Twitter app, since several third party apps have been doing this for some time now.
Here are the other noted changes for the iPhone and iPad – the last three are iPad specific:
* Improved display of shortened URLs
* Correctly load reserved Twitter.com paths, such as http://twitter.com/newtwitter
* Fix connection error caused by a device clock being set incorrectly
* Additional retina graphics
* Enable geotagging in your account with one tap
* fix itunes links
* Inline media
* Manage saved searches
* UI improvements
I’m looking forward to seeing the UI improvements on the iPad, especially these bits mentioned at Daring Fireball:
… it’s easier to flip your way back to the “root”, and a selected tweet no longer stays pinned to the top of the list as you scroll down.
You can find the latest version of Twitter in the App Store now, and it remains a free app.