The WordPress app for the iPad and iPhone has been updated today, to Version 2.6.
I have been a consistent complainer about the lack of any good blog editing apps on iOS – the ‘Big 3’ of WordPress, iBlogger, and BlogPress have all struck me as very limited, missing lots of features, and not at all enjoyable or effective to use. So … I’m always very keen to see what updates hold for any of these apps, especially WordPress as it’s the platform my sites run on.
Here is the list of changes for this new version of WordPress:
– Complete overhaul of Local Drafts.
– New Autosave feature allows you to revert to an earlier version of a post.
– New Add Blog/Site setup, now compatible with WordPress 3.0 networks and 2.9.2 multisites.
– New Media Library interface.
– Tons of bugfixes and under-the-hood enhancements.
This actually sounds very promising to me. I haven’t had a chance to test it out just yet – but I will do very soon and will share my thoughts once I have. If you’ve had a chance to give it a go, please let us know what you think via the comments.