Flick Golf HD is an excellent golfing game for the iPad, with a very different and unique approach. You get one shot at each hole on a series of 9-hole courses, with the aim of course being to get a hole-in-one at each. Once you strike the ball you can also apply spin and curve to your shot while it’s in flight.
It’s a great game and I’m overdue on reviewing it – I’ll aim to get that done soon.
In the meantime, the game got a lovely big update (to Version 1.1.0) yesterday – adding five new courses, Game Center support, new achievements, and a new game mode. Here’s the full list of changes:
• Game Center added for iOS 4.2 and above
• 5 new courses (3 Quickshot, 2 World Tour)
• 15 New Achievements
• New Game Mode: Quickshot Pro!
• Platinum Trophies
• Easier level unlocks
• Levels 1 & 2 now unlocked by default
Improvements and fixes:
• Timer now pauses for score summary between shots
• Ball movement smoother and bounce more consistent
• Collision around the hole improved
• Significant frame-rate improvement
• Added successive hole-in-one counter during play
• Score card added to tutorial
• New level unlocked message added during play
• Facebook & Twitter launch buttons
• Various bug fixes and improvements
And here’s an App Store link for Flick Golf HD; it’s priced at $0.99.