Game Table – the iPad app that provides ‘virtual pieces’ for classic board games – has had a recent update, to Version 1.5. The notable change in this update is that they’ve added Backgammon, one of the most requested games by the app’s fans.
Here’s a little more on Game Table, via its App Store description:
Game Table provides everything you need to play classic board games and card games with friends and family. Game Table gives you "virtual pieces" to play English Draughts (Checkers), Chess, Backgammon, Reversi, Poker, and card games without hunting for boards or missing pieces. ** PLEASE READ: Game Table provides you with game boards, game pieces, and the rules are up to you. You play like you would in real-life, with real opponents without AI enforcing rules or restrictions.
Game Table features:
• Detailed, photo-realistic game tables, boards and pieces
• A virtual deck of cards with the ability to move, stack, flip and shuffle
• Poker chips and dealer button on Poker Table
• English Draughts (Checkers), Chess, Backgammon, Reversi and Cards (more game tables coming soon!)
• Auto-saves the position of all your pieces when you exit the app
• Snap to squares option
• Multiple table backgrounds
• Simulated physics
I’ve been meaning to try this app out for a long while now – and I’m hoping I may get a chance over the holiday period.
You can find Game Table in the App Store now, priced at $0.99.