iOS 5.1.1 – the latest update for the iPad and iPhone operating system – has been released today, and is available now to download and install. The update contains a handful of bug fixes and performance improvements. Here’s the change list posted for it:
- Improves reliability of using HDR option for photos taken using the Lock Screen shortcut
- Addresses bugs that could prevent the new iPad from switching between 2G and 3G networks
- Fixes bugs that affected AirPlay video playback in some circumstances
- Improved reliability for syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List
- Fixes an issue where ‘Unable to purchase’ alert could be displayed after successful purchase
The update for the iPad is 58.6MB in size and can be downloaded and installed when your iPad is connected to a PC via iTunes or directly on the iPad by going to Settings > General > Software Update.
It took right around 15 minutes for me, doing it directly on the iPad – from the time the download started to the install being complete and the iPad back at a home screen.