It looks like Motorola’s Xoom tablet is set to launch this week at Best Buy Stores. Best Buy’s online store has a page up for it, that shows it as available in stores this coming Thursday, February 24.
The Xoom is one of the first real iPad competitors, as only the second rival tablet device to hit the market running an operating system actually designed for tablets. Here are its key features:
- Android 3.0 (Honeycomb), designed specifically for tablets
- Large 10.1" widescreen HD display
- Super-fast, dual-core processor for advance performance and superior graphics
- Front- and rear-facing cameras
- Multitask with ease and PC-like performance
- Full-functioning HD camcorder for great videos
- Supports Adobe Flash Player for optimal browsing
- Monthly 3G Verizon Wireless rate plans available (3G upgradable to 4G LTE)
- Compatible with Wi-Fi networks*
- Variety of Motorola XOOM accessories available online and in store
Best Buy has the Xoom listed at $799.99 – and you can see all the details on it, as well as some accessories for it, HERE.
Those are some good hardware specs, though of course it will be interesting to see how they stack up against the iPad 2 when it is released. It’s also interesting to see just a single model offered with a substantially higher price than the ‘entry level’ iPad (though it offers 3G which the lowest-priced iPad does not).
News Via: Gizmodo