Search on the iPad is one of those subjects I don’t think about much, except of course when I really need to find an email or document – and then my thoughts generally just extend to being disappointed with incomplete results or the need to search in multiple places, because just about all my essential data is held in various separate cloud services.
The CloudMagic app offers a fantastic solution for finding data very easily on the iPad – across a great range of cloud services. It supports iCloud, Dropbox, Evernote, Gmail, Google Contacts and Calendar, Google Drive, Google Apps, Box, SkyDrive, Exchange, Yahoo, Facebook, Twitter, Office 365 and quite a few more popular services.
Oh, and did I mention that it’s ridiculously fast too? It is – it starts showing results as you type and it returns full, categorized results just about instantly when you finish entering a search term.
Here are a few more of the features highlighted on its App Store page:
– Add any number of accounts and search through all of them in one go. Got more than one email account? Add both and search through them together.
One view of all your data
– Get a quick snapshot of all recent updates across all your data.
Rich previews and actions
– Allows you to quickly preview content and take common actions like open attachments, reply, forward, retweet, etc.
Partial word search
– You can find what you are looking for in just a few keystrokes.
– Works across desktops, smartphones and tablets.